The World Federation of Miniaturists (WFM) was established on 10th November 1995 with the express purpose of encouraging communication between miniature art societies of the world, and of introducing the public to this exquisite art form.
- To share knowledge and techniques among members;
- To promote the fine art of miniature painting and sculpture.
- To exchange between members information on all aspects of the promotion, creation, exhibition, and sale of contemporary miniature art;
- To assist in and encourage the setting up of new miniature art societies;
- To publish information on all aspects of miniature art;
- To hold a World Exhibition of miniature painting every four or five years;
- To develop a repository of information about miniature art, including exhibitions, workshops, galleries and educational material.